Does basil go with Alfredo sauce? The answer is YES! Adding fresh Basil to your Alfredo sauce is sure to make your meal even taste better. The spices/herb pairs perfectly with Alfredo sauce.
Alfredo sauce is one of the best to go with any meal. It is relatively easy to make, delicious, and above all, vibrant and rich in nutrients.
There are numerous steps and ingredients that go into making the perfect Alfredo sauce. Some of the ingredients include: butter, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and spices to elevate the taste.
What Is Alfredo Sauce?
Because American butter and parmesan cheese lack the richness of their Italian counterparts, adding cream to the sauce became a necessity.
In the original version of Alfredo, pasta water is added and combined with the other ingredients listed above. Versions of this sauce vary in style and quality, from cookbooks, restaurants, and supermarket shelves.
The bottled Alfredo sold at the grocery store doesn’t compare to properly homemade versions of this sauce.
Does Basil Go Alfredo Sauce?
Yes, Basil goes with Alfredo sauce. Not only do the two go together, but Basil also has a way of improving the taste of Alfredo sauce.
Basil is used as an ingredient for revamping and upgrading the taste of Alfredo sauce. It does exactly what it is meant to do.
How To Prepare Alfredo Sauce With Basil
Things you will need:
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream
Steps to follow:
- Melt your butter in a frying pan
- Add garlic and stir
- Whisk the heavy cream into a bowl and boil in a pot for 5 minutes until it gets thickened.
- Stir or whisk the parmesan cheese and basil pesto
- Add the mixture to the heavy boiling cream and cook over low heat until they become smooth and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then sprinkle your fresh Basil over your meal and enjoy with your favorite meal.
Note: If your Alfredo sauce is too thick, you can dilute it with a bit of water or more cream. If it is too thin, you should thicken it by adding a little parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store Homemade Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce can stay for one week and up to two months when stored correctly in the refrigerator. Here’s how to keep the sauce.
- Allow your sauce to cool down completely.
- Transfer into an airtight container, bottle, or jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
What Other Seasonings Go Well With Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce always seems to pair well with seasonings that are of Italian origin. To avoid altering the taste of your alfredo sauce, we suggest that you use seasoning/herbs such as fresh Parmesan, dried tomatoes, oregano, and sage.
How Do You Thicken Or Thin Alfredo Sauce?
Having a thicker or thinner Alfredo sauce is more normal than you think. To thicken your Alfredo sauce, add parmesan cheese until you’re satisfied with the thickness. To thin your sauce out, you can dilute it with water or add a little cream to it.
How Do You Fix A Broken Alfredo Sauce?
If you notice that your sauce beginning to curdle when adding the cheese, you should follow these instructions:
- Takedown your saucepan and immediately place it in an ice bath.
- Whisk the heavy cream in a bowl
- Transfer the cream into a pot and cook until it gets more concentrated.
- Add the cream into the saucepan of sauce and whisk vigorously
- In a separate bowl, whisk one egg yolk with pasta water or wine and continue whisking until you notice the Alfredo sauce beginning to stable.
How Can I Use Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce is undoubtedly delicious and is used in numerous ways. This sauce is also known to pair well with a lot of dishes; some of them include:
- Pasta: You can enjoy your big bowl of pasta with Alfredo sauce. It could be fettuccine, tortellini or ravioli pasta.
- Chicken: Ever heard of the delicious chicken casserole with Alfredo sauce? The combo is mind-blowing and can be eaten with broccoli and penne.
- Roasted potato, broccoli, or cauliflower: Yu can enjoy your Alfredo sauce with any of these roasted meals.
- You can also use Alfredo as a dipping sauce.
- With salad
- On pizza
Does Basil go with Alfredo sauce? The answer is a big YES! Basil acts as a seasoning to improve and upgrade the taste of Alfredo sauce, and it does the job excellently.
The Italian sauce is made using primarily butter, parmesan cheese, and heavy cream. However, you can add other seasonings and herbs to the sauce.
Some other ingredients you can add include; salt, pepper, and Basil. Make sure to follow our Alfredo sauce with Basil recipe. Enjoy!