Salmon is a fatty or oily fish. For people who say they do not like fish, salmon is an easy choice. It is rich in nutrients and is praised for its high protein content and omega-3 fatty acids. It also has antioxidants high levels of vitamin B.
Now, does thyme go with Salmon? Yes, thyme goes harmoniously with salmon, and it is used as a herb to enhance the taste of salmon.
Table of Contents
What is Salmon?
Salmon can be prepared by grilling, roasting, poaching, pickling, broiling, or smoking. For people who say they do not like fish, they are a great option.
The Salmon fish is found around the waters of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, and California. It can be used in pasta dishes, tartar, soups, salads, and burgers, etc. Compared to so many other types of fish, Salmon is easy to find and is inexpensive.
Does Thyme Go With Salmon?
The answer is yes! Thyme goes harmoniously with Salmon. It is used as a herb to enhance the taste of Salmon.
Just with the earthy and warm minty taste of Thyme, adding it with Salmon will make one of the best mouthfuls in the world. Whether grilled, roasted, cooked, etc., Thyme would always go with Salmon.
How Do I Use Thyme On Salmon?
Every way that Salmon can be prepared, whether grilled or cooked or broiled or stir-fried, Thyme can always be added to the dish. Thyme basically serves as a flavor to heighten the taste and aroma of Salmon.
Ingredients for making baked Salmon:
- Dried Thyme
- 4 salmon filets (4-6 oz each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Other things you need include; Baking sheet or large baking dish and cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse the Salmon and pat it dry.
- Season both sides of the Salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk.
- Put the breadcrumbs, old bay seasoning, and parsley in a second shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Dip the Salmon into the egg whites, then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the crumbs into the fish as needed.
- Sprinkle your dried Thyme over the Salmon and massage
- Transfer to the cooling rack.
- Place Salmon in the preheated oven and reduce the heat to 375ºF.
- Leave for about 10 minutes to bake.
What Other Flavors Go With Salmon?
- Dill: With its Subtle and delicate taste and aroma, it pairs well with Salmon
- Fennel: This aroma scent will add nutrients to your Salmon. Fennel goes well with Salmon.
- Basil: The scent of Basil is somewhat minty and sweet. It makes a great addition to Salmon.
- Parsley: Parsley can be pair with almost every dish on the planet. They go well with Salmon.
- Rosemary: Rosemary has an intense and herbaceous aroma. They are great with Salmon.
Other flavors that go with Salmon include coriander leaves, bay leaves, tarragon, sage, etc.
- Does Tartar Sauce Go With Salmon?
- Does Garlic Go With Salmon?
- Does Hollandaise Sauce Go With Salmon?
- What Is A Good Substitute For Creole Seasoning?
- How Much Cayenne Pepper To Substitute For Jalapeno Pepper?
With the meaty taste of Salmon and earthy, calm, and overwhelming taste and aroma of Thyme, they make an excellent combo.
I hope you have the answer to “does Thyme with salmon?” because it does. It endows and elevates every Salmon dish.
Thyme is an essential addition to Salmon. You can follow our baked Salmon with Thyme recipe above to make a delicious meal Salmon dish. Enjoy!