We’ve found that certain herbs pair perfectly with salmon. But what herbs go with Salmon fillets? Many herbs go with Salmon, including Basil, Rosemary, Sage, Dill, Parsley, Thyme, coriander seeds, and terragon.
Salmon is precisely the type of fish that is best for people who say they hate eating fish. The best thing about salmon is that it always surprises people even after eating a couple of times.
You just have to keep wondering if it really is a fish or if the chef is playing some sort of prank; it is absolutely delicious. And of course, the taste of salmon differs and depends on the cooking method and the type of ingredients used.
Let’s now look at some of those herbs that goes with salmon:
What Herbs Go With Salmon Fillets?
Salmon is known for its subtle, meaty, and refreshing flavor. It also perfectly pairs the taste of Salmon as the same as mildly flavored meat, which came right out of the sea. Salmon has a refreshing and subtle flavor.
However, you should bear in mind that its taste will depend on how the fish is cooked and the ingredients used to cook them.
Remember how plain cooked Salmon tastes like, then imagine it tasting a hundred times more delicious. That is what these herbs do to your Salmon dish; they improve and upgrade it.
Some of the herbs that go with salmon include:
Commonly known as scent leaf, parsley is an herb that emphasizes every dish it graces. The leaf has an attractive green color and can be placed around your plate as the perfect final touch.
The warm yet impressionable taste of parsley pairs well with salmon. You can cook your Salmon with Parsley, or you can sprinkle it over your salmon dish.
You can add thyme to your salmon dish by sprinkling it over and massaging it in before baking, grilling, frying, or cooking it.
When enjoying dill, you may notice notes of anise and lemon in the taste. Dill has a refreshing flavor that brings a certain radiance to your salmon dish.
This herb is an excellent choice for using on your salmon. Just add a dash of lemon juice to the dill, and you’re good to go.
4. Coriander seeds
The best way to use coriander seeds is by roasting and grinding them to bring out the flavor. When used with lemon, honey, and chili pepper, the taste of coriander seeds is excellent.
Coriander seeds pair well with salmon as they can be sprinkled over the salmon fillet before or after baking.
Basil is a tender plant that is used in cuisines in different parts of the world. Basil has a robust, intense, and sweet aroma.
When paired with lemon juice, basil goes well with salmon. You can get a bottle of organic basil at the flavor, add your lemon to it and use it for your salmon fillet.
Sage has a very intense and robust flavor that improves the taste of Salmon. This herb has an authentic, earthy, and aromatic flavor that is very appealing to different cuisines.
Make sure to use Sage sparingly because even though its intense flavor is a plus, it could also significantly alter the taste of your entire Salmon fillet. Does not contain any added sugars or fillings.
Rosemary is famous for its beautiful fragrance. Whether dried or fresh, this herb can also be used for culinary purposes. It has an herbaceous flavor that pairs well with Salmon.
Tarragon has a different and authentic flavor that can easily be spotted in any meal. It somewhat tastes like anise and licorice and is an excellent addition to any Salmon dish.
This herb has a French origin and must be used sparingly to avoid its flavor overpowering the meal.
How To Make Salmon Fillet With Herbs
There are numerous ways to make salmon with herbs. However, we are going to show you how our baking method of making salmon with herbs.
Things you’ll need:
- Thoroughly washed salmon fillet
- Chapped shallot
- Dried Thyme
- Chopped Parsley
- Black pepper
- Dried Dill
- Chopped Basil
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil or Vegetable oil.
- Baking tray
- A rack
- Chopping board
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Add the shallots, thyme, basil, black pepper, Parsley, and Dill into a bowl and mix.
- Pour the lemon juice into the bowl of spices and herbs and whisk thoroughly until they are well mixed.
- Place the washed Salmon on baking paper and pour the lemon mixture over it.
- Rub the mixture all around the Salmon and place in an ovenproof dish
- Close loosely with a foil and place in the oven
- Bake for 20-25 until the flesh of the salmon starts to flake and the texture becomes tender.
- Garnish your meal with a sprinkle of tarragon sprigs, parsley, and lemon slices. Serve with a spatula!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Flavors Go Well With Salmon?
Different herbs and spices can be used to prepare your Salmon dish, showing just how versatile Salmon can be.
From Parsley to lemons, olives, onion, brown sugar, etc., Salom can be eaten with different flavors. Some of the flavors that go with Salmon include:
- Intense flavor: Things like garlic, onion, shallot, ginger, and sesame all have intense flavors. They are also used to prepare Salmon.
- Salty flavors: Salty flavors from olives, soy sauce, capers, and miso can also go with Salmon.
- Sour flavor: Sour flavors are usually added after cooking, baking or grilling, to garnish the Salmon dish. This flavor can be contained in vinegar, lemon, or lime juice.
- Sweet flavors: You can use sweet flavors as a dip or a drink while enjoying your Salmon dish. You can get this flavor from maple syrup, orange or lemon juice, brown sugar, or honey.
- Creamy flavor: This can be found in yogurt, cream cheese, crème Fraiche, and butter.
- Smoky flavor: Smoky flavor can be in the form of smoked paprika, chipotle chilies, and cumin.
How Do You Make Salmon Taste Better?
Salmon on its own tastes delicious. However, when accompanied by some other foods or ingredients, they taste a lot better than the plain salmon. You can make Salmon better by adding any of the following:
- Yogurt or Crème Fraiche Sauce
- Glaze or Marinade
- Compound Butter
Should I Wash Salmon Before Cooking It?
Yes, it is always important to wash your food before cooking or eating it. You can wash your salmon by placing it in a big water bowl and adding a little salt. Dip the fish in at least three times and rub hidden areas to remove any kind of dirt.
What herbs go with salmon fillets? Several herbs go with this particularly delicious fish. Some of these herbs include parsley, thyme, dill, tarragon, rosemary, sage, and basil.
Except for their obvious nutritional benefits, these herbs also improve and upgrade the taste and aroma of the salmon dish.
You can use these herbs while frying, baking, grilling, or baking your Salmon. Make sure to follow our recipe above to get the most delicious Salmon with herbs dish.