When it comes to preparing salmon, certain ingredients are used and there are many of such ingredients. But does garlic go with salmon? Yes, garlic goes perfectly well with salmon and we’re going to discuss more about this shortly.
Usually, when the topic of salmon comes up at the dinner table, the argument is whether Salmon is fish or meat.
Salmon is just the fish for people who say they don’t like fish. It is rich in nutrients and is praised for its high protein content and omega-3 fatty acids.
What Is Salmon?
Salmon is a type of saltwater fish. They are mostly found around the waters of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, and California.
You can use prepare salmon by grilling, roasting, poaching, pickling, broiling, or smoking. They are also sometimes used in pasta dishes, salads, tartare, burgers.
Does Garlic Go With Salmon?
The answer is yes! Garlic has an earthy and warm taste that perfectly complements salmon. Usually, the garlic powder is sprinkled and massaged all over the raw salmon before it is grilled, fried, smoked, or put in the oven.
The aroma of the garlic and salmon combo is sure to make you drool. And the taste is even better.
How To Use Garlic On Salmon
Now that you have the answer to if garlic goes with salmon, the next step is to know how to prepare it.
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (you could also use garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chopped sprig of fresh dill or parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 slices lemon
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter
- 5 sprigs of new dill weed
Some other things you’ll need include;
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet or large baking dish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillet on top of one piece of foil.
- Sprinkle Salmon with salt, pepper, garlic, and chopped dill and rub evenly over Salmon.
- Mix two of the lemons with the melted butter and pour over Salmon.
- Arrange the remaining lemon slices on fillet and place a sprig of dill on top of each lemon slice.
- Sprinkle fillet with chopped scallions.
- Cover the Salmon with the second aluminum foil and wrap it tightly.
- Put the wrapped Salmon on a baking sheet or a large baking dish
- Place in preheated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes
Your meal is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Meals Can I Make With Salmon And Garlic?
Salmon and garlic are an excellent combo for cooking. So, there are an endless list of delicacies you can pair them with
Some of them include:
- Salmon and garlic bread: You can use this combo when you need more carbohydrates in your meal. Bread is incredibly delicious with baked Salmon and garlic.
- Salmon and garlic Kale: Every time we hear kale, we think ‘healthy.’ And yes, this is a healthy option.
- Salmon and garlic Pasta/noodles: This combo is fantastic, and you should really try it.
Other meals you can make with Salmon and garlic are; Potatoes, Prawns, Butter sauce, etc.
What Should I Serve With Salmon?
Some dishes that go great with salmon are grilled asparagus, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Lemony Herb Couscous, and Sugar Snap Peas.
What Bread Goes Best With Salmon?
Rich Dark Breads and Whole Grains go best with salmon.
- Can I Use Mixed Spice Instead Of Allspice?
- Does Hollandaise Sauce Go With Salmon?
- Does Pesto Go With Beef?
- Can You Substitute Salsa for Diced Tomatoes?
With the meaty taste of salmon and the warm earthy feeling of garlic, the two make an excellent combo. Salmon and garlic make a delicious combination in the kitchen.
From the above, I hope you have the answer to, “does garlic go with salmon?” You can follow our Salmon and garlic recipe above to make a delicious meal. Enjoy!