This article may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Does hollandaise sauce go with salmon? Yes! Hollandaise sauce goes perfectly well with salmon, and there are different variations to enjoy this fantastic combination.
Hollandaise sauce is definitely a perfect idea for breakfast or brunch, and most importantly, it’s pretty easy to make. You can drizzle it on top of poached eggs, eggs Benedict, vegetables, or several other recipes for a delicious finishing touch.
Now, let’s look at all the flavors that go well with hollandaise sauce.
Does Hollandaise Sauce Go With Salmon?
Hollandaise sauce goes well with salmon and can be enjoyed with various recipes like:
- Poached Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
- Poached Salmon with No-Fail Hollandaise
- Pan-Roasted Salmon with Lemony Hollandaise Sauce
- Roasted Salmon and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
- Baked salmon fillets with lime hollandaise
- Chargrilled salmon with hollandaise sauce
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
To make hollandaise sauce, you will need 3 egg yolk, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of Dijon, ¼ teaspoon of salt, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and ½ cup of melted butter.
Once you have this on standby, follow the steps below:
- Melt the butter in a microwave for about 1 minute until hot.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon, salt, and cayenne pepper into a high-powered blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Slowly stream the hot butter into the mixture as the blender is running.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl and drizzle over your meal!
The Perfect Hollandaise Sauce With Salmon Recipe
Have you heard of poached salmon bathed in a classic hollandaise sauce? Well, this dish can be served with boiled, cubed sweet potatoes and broccoli.
Firstly, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- Fresh lemon juice
Then follow the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Pour lemon juice, olive oil, and water into the pan. Season the water to taste with salt and pepper, then add the salmon. Pour in enough water to just cover the salmon.
- Step 2: Place the salmon over medium-high heat and heat until the water is hot and steaming. Poach until the salmon turns opaque and is firm to the touch. Proceed to make the Hollandaise sauce while the salmon is poaching.
- Step 3: Place the egg yolks in a metal bowl, and whisk in hot water. Whisk constantly until the yolks thicken, turn a light, opaque yellow, and double in volume.
- Step 4: Whisk in the butter, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper into the hollandaise sauce.
- Step 5: Drain the poached salmon and serve with warm hollandaise sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Serve Hollandaise Sauce With?
Below are some fantastic dishes that go with hollandaise sauce:
- Poached Salmon
- Bacon, Cheese and Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
- Baked Turbot
- Crab Imperial
What Flavors Go Well With Salmon?
Below are some standard flavor combos you can rock with salmon:
- Bay Leaves
What Should I Serve With Salmon?
Dishes that taste amazing with salmon are:
- Grilled Asparagus
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Lemony Herb Couscous
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Roasted Garlic-Parsnip Puree
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.
Salmon is a healthy meal that may support a healthy heart. It has also been said that salmon may support healthy aging and better brain function. If you are thinking of consuming this healthy meal with hollandaise sauce, well, nothing stops you.
Now, if you’re asked the question, does hollandaise sauce go with salmon? We are sure you have the correct answer on the tip of your tongue.