As food enthusiasts, we both derive the utmost PLEASURE preparing our meals at home instead of driving to the restaurant.
But if you’re rather skeptical about making walking taco casseroles, well, maybe it’s because you don’t know the correct recipe for preparing one.
If that is the case, look no further than this page!
We’ve gone through the problems of unraveling the secrets behind most restaurants’ easy walking taco casserole recipes, and we’re willing to share them with you.
So MAKE SURE you read to the end of this article. And don’t worry, it’s easier than you thought.
What Is Walking Taco Casserole?
Walking taco is a Mexican casserole made with layers of Frito chips, ground beef chili mixture, and shredded cheese, then topped with lettuce, olives, tomato sauce, and salsa.
The whole thing is baked until the cheese melts and everything is heated. This results in a hearty dish that can be eaten alone or as a side dish to any other meal.
Furthermore, they are so portable that they can be taken anywhere with no plate needed, making them ideal for picnics and parties –I think that is where the ‘walking’ of its name came from.
Easy Walking Taco Casserole Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need:
Below are the essential ingredients you’ll be needing for this particular meal.
And don’t worry; they’re affordable and easy to find in nearby grocery stores -it might surprise you that you might even have some in stock.
- Ground beef: This is the show’s star, and you’ll need one pound of it. However, you can make a Spaghetti Dish indurate for latterly.
- Manual taco seasoning
- Tomato sauce, order sap, and minced tomatoes: If you’re anything like me, these are formerly chilling out in your closet. Put them to precious use!
- Jalapenos: It is optional if you want a milder flavor)
- Chili sap: This helps add more substance and protein to the dish.
- Fritos: Fritos provides crunch. But you can also use any sludge chip or just sludge if you want no gluten in the dish.
- Mexican mix cheese: Any cheese will do, but we prefer the Mexican mix.
- Condiments: this includes tattered lettuce, minced Roma tomatoes, sliced black olives, sour cream, and more.
How To Make Walking Taco Casserole (In 4 Simple Steps)
Step 1: Cook The Onion And Ground Beef
Add the ground beef and minced onion to a large skillet and cook over medium heat, breaking the meat as you go. Cook until the meat is browned. Ensure the grease is Thoroughly drained and discarded if any.
Step 2: Add The Blend-Sways
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chili sap, and taco seasoning. Bring the blend to a poach and poach for 5 twinkles.
Step 3: Prepare The Visage And Singe
Use a 9 × 9- inch or 11 × 7- inch baking dish with nonstick cuisine spray and place the meat admixture in it. Top the admixture with Frito chips and tattered cheese. Cover with antipode and singe at 375 °F for 20 twinkles.
Uncover and singe for 5- 10 further twinkles (minutes) or patiently wait until the cheese is melted and the top is slightly golden.
Step 4: Add The Condiments
Remove the walking taco singe from the roaster and top with tattered (shredded) lettuce, minced tomatoes, olives, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Store Walking Taco Casserole?
The best way to keep your Walking Taco Casserole fresh is to store it in an airtight container.
We recommend using glass or plastic containers with a tight-fitting lid that won’t allow moisture to escape. We also recommend storing the casserole in the refrigerator.
If you want to freeze the casserole, we recommend placing it in freezer bags and then sealing them up with freezer tape.
To serve, put in the fridge overnight, then heat the casserole in the oven or microwave.
Do I need To Add the Cream Seasoning?
The cream seasoning isn’t compulsory, but you might want to add it if you want a more flavorful dish.
The cream seasoning is similar to the taco seasoning you can buy in the store, but it has cheese powder rather than just spices mixed together.
This will make your Walking Taco Casserole taste better, and it will also make it look more appetizing.
What Goes Well With Walking Tacos?
Walking tacos are a terrific way to enjoy the fresh flavors of your local street vendors. But that’s not all there is.
Here are some great combinations for your walking tacos:
- Refried Beans
- Tangy Mexican Slaw
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- And you can’t go wrong with a good cocktail as well
How Many Tacos Do You Need Per Person?
If you’re worried that your guests won’t be able to eat all the tacos, on average, you should plan two tacos per person for the party.
You can accompany it with baked sweet potato fries, black bean and corn salsa, or a simple pot of pinto beans·
Can You Make Tacos with Doritos Rather than Fritos?
You absolutely can! Sprinkle the top with Nacho or Cool Ranch Doritos if you prefer.
Walking Taco Casserole Recipe
Learn how to make walking Taco casserole recipe at home in a matter of minutes.
Manual taco seasoning
Tomato sauce, order sap, and minced tomatoes
Mexican mix cheese
- Add the ground beef and minced onion to a large skillet and cook over medium heat, breaking the meat as you go. Cook until the meat is browned. Ensure the grease is Thoroughly drained and discarded if any.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chili sap, and taco seasoning. Bring the blend to a poach and poach for 5 twinkles.
- Use a 9 × 9- inch or 11 × 7- inch baking dish with nonstick cuisine spray and place the meat admixture in it. Top the admixture with Frito chips and tattered cheese. Cover with antipode and singe at 375 °F for 20 twinkles. Uncover and singe for 5- 10 further twinkles(minutes) or patiently wait until the cheese is melted and the top is slightly golden.
- Remove the walking taco singe from the roaster and top with tattered (shredded) lettuce, minced tomatoes, olives, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Warmer weather and the start of grilling season mean that grilling season recipes are here.
That’s right! I’m talking meat, cheese, and veggies wrapped in a tortilla and then cooked to smoky perfection on the grill. It doesn’t get much better than that, in my opinion.
This is an excellent recipe for a house full of hungry people looking for dinner on a hot summer night. Your neighbors will be jealous as they smell your Walking Tacos across the street.
And since this walking tacos casserole recipe is such a crowd-pleasing dish, leave no room for mistakes even though it’s super easy to make!