This article may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Let’s take a look at your situation: you’re planning an event for 100 people, and among the snacks that will be served on that day are cookies. The question is: how many cookies for 100 guests?
The first thing to put into perspective when it comes to cookies is that people expect a lot!
So serving 100 guests, you will need to ensure enough cookies to feed them all. We recommend that you start with a minimum of 300 and 600 cookies at a maximum for 100 guests.
We’ll talk more about this below!
How Many Cookies For 100 Guests?
Like I stated earlier, it will take about 300 to 600 cookies to feed 100 guests at your party.
But there are some things you need to keep in mind as they might help you plan your party well. These things include:
- You should prepare two different types of cookies — one that’s easy to eat (like shortbread or something with a soft texture) and another that’s more complex (like chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin). This way, there will be ample choices, and nothing goes to waste!
- If you’re serving both cookies with milk (or soy milk), it might be best to have a large extra supply. These types of beverages tend to go quickly at large gatherings.
- You will also want enough napkins so that each person has one when they finish eating their cookie. You don’t want someone getting sticky fingers all over your furniture!
What Cookies Should I Serve At The Party?
You know it; I know it, the essential part of any occasion is the refreshment time! You want to make sure you’re serving cookies, that will be a hit.
Here are some suggestions if you don’t know where to start:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Bran Cookies With Sprinkles
- Butter Cookies With Candy On The Top
- Chocolate Or Chocolate Chip
- Oreo Style
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- M&M Cookies
How Many Cookies Per Person?
The answer depends on what type of party you’re hosting. If it’s an intimate affair, you might want to serve three or four good-sized cookies per person.
Most home cooks prefer one dozen per person, but not everyone has such a stomach.
How Many Cookies Are In A Dozen?
The answer is 12. But if you’re looking for the number of cookies that can fit into a dozen, that’s way more complicated than you think.
That is because it depends on the size and shape of your cookies. If they’re round and small, like an Oreo, then there might be as many as 12 cookies per dozen—or maybe even more!
However, if they’re larger and more rectangular, like a peanut butter cookie, there could be as few as 6 per dozen—or even less!
So that’s all for how many cookies for 100 guests.
The truth is that there is no single correct answer to this question.
It depends on your tastes, the tastes of your guests, and how many guests you’re inviting – some guests might decide to come with a friend.
Beyond that, it also depends on other factors such as the size and type of cookie, the shape of your serving platter, and whether or not any other food is served with the cookies.
You might also want to check out: