Making waffles from scratch could be difficult.
Come on, admit it!
You’ve probably always wanted to try making Aunt Jemima waffles recipe but never quite knew how. Well, this is your lucky day because we have the solution!
What you don’t know is how relatively simple making this recipe is. Moreover, it is not as messy as traditional pancakes.
And I’ll tell you right off the bat that these Aunt Jemima waffles’ success relies solely on the ingredients’ quality, which I’ll be showing you guys in a bit.
As you scroll down this article section, you’ll continuously pick reliable information about these waffles aside from learning how to make them. Thus, you DO NOT miss a word on this page.
What Is Waffle?
You’ve probably seen waffles at the grocery store, but what exactly is a waffle?
Waffle: light and crispy, thin-sliced bread.
A waffle is a batter that’s cooked in iron or nonstick skillet. It’s made with a batter of flour, eggs, and milk or water. The batter is usually cooked on both sides before it’s split into two halves and eaten.
Waffles are typically enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack, but some people use them in other ways — like making cakes filled with ice cream or whipped cream!
Furthermore, it can be prepared with honey or maple syrup as toppings instead of butter or jam.
What Is Aunt Jemima Waffle?
Aunt Jemima is a pancake mix and waffles made by Aunt Jemima Foods, Inc. And the recipe for Aunt Jemima Waffles has been a closely guarded secret since its invention. But now there is a leak.
The pancakes are made from flour from corn meal and wheat flour mixed with eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract. They are baked in an iron skillet or griddle until golden brown on both sides.
After being cooked, the batter is spread onto a hot griddle using a wire whisk or wooden spoon. You will have to flip the waffle onto its backside and allow it to cook for another minute before flipping it back. You can serve it with maple syrup or honey, and get it with fruit jam or strawberry jelly on top as desired!
More importantly, the key to making Aunt Jemima Waffles is to use good quality buttermilk—you want it to have a creamy consistency and be free of lumps.
The best way to do this is to stir in your buttermilk until smooth before adding other ingredients. You can also add extra vanilla extract or buttery spread if you like!
Ingredients For Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe
With only a few ingredients, most of which you already have in your pantry, this Aunt Jemima waffle recipe allows you to quickly prepare delicious waffles.
Anyway, the ingredients for this Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe are as follows:
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ spoon vanilla for flavor (optional)
- ¼ spoon cinnamon powder (optional)
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Chocolate chip (optional)
- 2 strawberry
- 2 tsp honey/caramel
- Some blueberries
How To Prepare Aunt Jemima Waffle
Once you’ve gone through this section, you’ll know how simple it is to make Aunt Jemima’s waffles recipe, even though this treat looks like it took forever to prepare.
This is not only a great start for beginners but also amateurs alike. So without further ado, Let’s process. I help you have all the ingredients on deck.
To make waffles, preheat your waffle iron. Then grease it with oil and arrange all of the ingredients together.
In a bowl or large cup, combine 1 cup of Aunt Jemima mix, 1egg, ¾cup milk, and 2 tsp oil. Mix the batter until it is lump-free and smooth. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then add chocolate syrup and chocolate chips before cooking if you like a chocolaty waffle.
When the iron is hot, spray or spread it with oil and pour it into your batter. Then, let the waffle cook until it stops steaming.
Check the waffle after a few minutes, as it should be done when you take out the first waffle. Remove each one from its slot and repeat step 3 until all of the batters are used up.
Serve the waffles on your plate with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and honey.
Waffles can be transformed into a custom dessert experience. Adding toppings like chocolate syrup, sprinkles, jam, dry fruits, whipped cream, caramel, ice cream, or even jelly makes them even more delicious!
How Long Do You Cook Waffles In A Waffle Maker?
With a waffle maker, you must follow your manufacturer’s instructions for how long to cook the waffles in your machine.
Here are some general guidelines for how long to cook waffles:
- If you’re using a round waffle maker that makes four waffles at once, cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side. This will give you a nice golden brown exterior with a bit of crispiness inside.
- If you’re using a rectangular model (like the ones from Cuisinart or Black & Decker), cook them for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- If you’re using an old-fashioned square one (the kind that has two handles), try cooking them for 8 minutes on each side—this gives them a slightly crispy texture on top while keeping the inside soft and fluffy.
What’s The Difference Between Waffle Batter And Pancake Batter?
Waffle batter and pancake batter are similar in many ways. They’re both made up of flour and eggs. However, waffle batter contains more fat, sugar and eggs than pancake batter, making waffles richer than pancakes.
On the contrary, waffle batter contains less milk than pancake batter.
But waffles are deliciously fluffy. The interior is light and airy, while the outside has that great crunch.
- Easy Cream Cheese Fudge Recipe
- Easy Trisha Yearwood’s Meatloaf Recipe
- Easy Hot Dog Casseroles With Potatoes Recipe
This article may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on a link, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Aunt Jemima Waffles Recipe
It’s relatively easy to make aunt Jemima waffles recipe, and i will show you how below!
1 cup Aunt Jemima mix
¾ cup milk
2 tsp oil
¼ spoon vanilla for flavor (optional)
¼ spoon cinnamon powder (optional)
Chocolate syrup (optional)
Chocolate chip (optional)
2 tsp honey/caramel
- To make waffles, preheat your waffle iron. Then grease it with oil and arrange all of the ingredients together.
- In a bowl or large cup, combine 1 cup of Aunt Jemima mix, 1egg, ¾cup milk, and 2 tsp oil. Mix the batter until it is lump-free and smooth. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then add chocolate syrup and chocolate chips before cooking if you like a chocolaty waffle.
- When the iron is hot, spray or spread it with oil and pour it into your batter. Then, let the waffle cook until it stops steaming.
- Check the waffle after a few minutes, as it should be done when you take out the first waffle. Remove each one from its slot and repeat step 3 until all of the batters are used up.
- Serve the waffles on your plate with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and honey.
As you can see, Aunt Jemima’s waffle recipe is, to put it simply, a delicious dessert. Once you try this recipe, you may never return to the boxed mixes!
On top of that, they are easy to whip up and incredibly fluffy and flavorful. Thus, making this is perfect if you’re in a rush or don’t want to worry about many ingredients because the mix takes care of all the dry elements.
They are also versatile —you can add fresh fruit, maple syrup, or any toppings of your choice to give them a delicious taste.